Friday, October 3, 2008

((OOC))

We were driving home from the movies, listening to "Mr. President" by Pink. This may seem totally irrelivant, but if you knew how powerfull music is to me, it explains everything. Driving home, I just start thinking. Holy shit. I'm... alive... Sure I've had this thought plenty of times. I'm not stupid. It's just very rare that you fully comprehend what this means and how lucky you are to be alive.

Not just lucky to be alive. I live in a nice house, with a family that I love and they love me back. We get on eachothers nerves alot, but when you think of it percentage wise with how much time I have to spend with them, it's barely anything at all. I've never broken one bone in my entire body. I haven't been in a state close to death since shortly after I was born. I've never been alone unless it's by choice. Only one person I've loved has ever died. The list goes on forever...

I could be sitting in a hut with my 15 brothers and sisters in 120+ degree weather with flies landing on my eyes so that they can get some moisture, but I'm not. I live about 10 blocks from the fucking beach.

All this comes to mind and I smile. Why are there people out there who complain all the time? I remember just today at school, a friend that I'd recently met named Katy was telling me about how awful her life was. How her dad does some drug and her mom drinks. How she used to have the perfect life. Well that's just it. You had your shot at a perfect life. Nobody gets to have it perfect their whole life. Life is full of ups and downs and that's what makes it what it is. It's what makes it worth living.

And she doesn't even have it that bad. She also lives pretty dame close to the beach, and let me tell you, from hearing about this 'perfect life' of hers, I'd say it's about time she was brought down from the clouds. I have friends that have it way worse than her, and I almost never hear them complain (except in their blogs, but hey. that's what they're for).

We get out of the car and I look up at the sky. I remember things that have happened to me, both good and bad. Most of what happens, in the end, is for the best, even the bad things. Even crying, or wanting to cry but not being able to. It's all for the best.

I walk into my room. The first thing that catches my eyes is a small toy on my bed. I remember how I got it. I had been at rehersal, just about to leave, when Sage runs up and gives it to me. Completely out of the blue, he thought of me. Sage isn't very old, probably about 9 I'm guessing. I met him durring Summer Drama Camp, but already he is like a little brother to me. I pick the toy up. Small and cheep, from Mc Donalds. It's the most beautiful thing that I own. I hug it close to me and collapse onto my bed, a smile still plastured onto my face.

I'd kill just about anyone. There's a group of people I'd have to be in a bad mood to kill. There are a few people who I wouldn't kill, but I probably wouldn't care if they died. But there's very rarely someone who I'd want to protect.

1 comment:

turtur6 said...

Yeah. Sometimes you just have to be thankful for what you have. Life is short; we should be happy.
But I know what you mean, I think.