Monday, September 8, 2008

좋아요!

I met this girl in my PE class. Her name is Jieun; she's Korean. Now I'm really eger to learn the language; she doesn't speak much English (could have fooled me). Today, near the end of lunch, I sat with her, her brother, and a few of their friends. They talked mostly in Korean, I could barely understand anything! XD It's like when I was first learning Japanese all over again.

They seemed happy with the tiny bit of Korean I did know. I didn't get any of their names, but Jieun's brother is in the same grade as me. I found it weird that they all asked me how old I was, untill I remembered that, in Korean, you have to talk to people older than you politly. If they're younger than you, you don't. I think Jieun's brother is the only one my age, but I'm not sure.

She said I could eat lunch with them again. I think I will. Jieun's really nice; I'm glad I've met her. Also, sitting with them may help me learn Korean faster. I'll have to learn it to keep up with the conversations, after all. XD

I wonder if any of them recognized me. Last year, sometimes I would stand close to where they were sitting so that I could try to pick up their conversation... Just for practice. XD I remember that it was usually just Jieun and her brother there.... I wonder what his name is.

Only bad news: Carlton is in none of my classes and I get a lot of homework! D8

No comments: